- This event has passed.
Crawling and Crunching (August / September 2022)
August 25, 2022 @ 9:30 am - September 2, 2022 @ 10:00 am$40.00 – $50.00
Our Crawling and Crunching course includes two interactive and informative sessions, tailored to parents of 7 month – 12 month old babies, and covers a range of topics.
This course includes two sessions, held Thursday 25th August (Crawling) at 9:30am and Friday 2nd September (Crunching) at 10am. Both sessions are held in the OPC Rooms at Rawene Centre (or via Zoom depending on Covid restrictions).
The Crawling session is hosted by Sophie Moskowitz. Sophie holds qualifications in Psychology, Linguistics, Early Childhood Education, and (will complete in 2022) Pregnancy, Childbirth and Early Parenting Education. She is passionate about supporting parents to feel empowered throughout their parenting journey. This session is facilitated in a way that supports the wellbeing of the whole whānau, discussing strategies to encourage pēpi’s movement without adding to the mental and physical workload of parenthood.
- Play and movement – how this develops as babies become more mobile
- Supporting crawling and early walking skills
- Understanding risk-taking, while keeping babies safe
- Supporting babies play as patterns emerge
- Discussing ECE options
The Crunching session, hosted by Priscilla Natalia is a New Zealand Registered Dietitian (NZRD) and has facilitated Auckland based Parent Centre Nutrition talks since 2015. These 1.5 hour nutrition session provide parents with the latest evidence-based nutrition advice according to the appropriate age and stages of development. She has worked as a NZRD for over 22 years, with having had experience working in clinical practice and working with the University of Otago as a Professional Practice Fellow for the Masters of Dietetics Programme. Priscilla continues to maintain clinical practice as a Paediatric Dietitian working for ACC providers.
- Progressing solids (textures and variety) from 7-12 months age
- Nutritional balance (food groups and portion sizes)
- Nutritional adequacy for growth and development
- Picky eating
- Allergies and intolerances
Parents of younger babies are most welcome to attend, as are the little ones!
- Parents Centre members: $40 (incl. GST) for both sessions
- Non-Parents Centre members: $50 (incl. GST) for both sessions
All classes are held in the Onewa Parents Centre rooms in the Rawene Centre, Birkenhead (or via Zoom depending on Covid restrictions).
- OPC Rooms
33 Rawene Road
Birkenhead, Auckland 0626 New Zealand + Google Map
- Onewa Parents Centre
- View Organizer Website